Friday, May 8, 2015

Discovering Brazillian food

Whenever one goes to live abroad, for any period  of time, one always hears about the importance of experiencing a culture, that is not one's own, fully. Now what is unique, and in my opinion, fantastic about living abroad in a university setting is first off, the world of the uni is a nice safe buffer between the teenage years and the real world, and secondly, it allows for the traveler to experience, in a bubble environment, bits of cultures from all over the world. For example, here is what life in my flat is like: I am an American trying to adapt to Welsh life. My three flat mates are Brazilians trying to adapt to Welsh life. Now, because the four of us live together in a confined space, I become an American trying to adapt to Welsh life trying to adapt to living with three Brazilians trying to adapt to Welsh life trying to live with an American...Reading back over that sentence, I have become aware of how this post might benefit from a diagram of some sort...Basically, our flat, at any given time, is a meeting point for at least three different cultures, and that number changes any time one of us travels and returns. All of that to say, my flatmates are fantastic people. They are open and friendly and went out of their way to make sure I had an easy adjustment when I first arrived. But by far, the best thing they have done is introduce me to Brazilian food. It is Amazing! Thanks, Gabriel, Virginia, and Marcus! Living with yous has been great :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment