Wednesday, February 25, 2015

12 February 2015

Going to Amsterdam for a long Valentine's weekend. I am so excited! I love art and Amsterdam has some of the most reputable galleries in the world, like the Van Gogh Museum.

Grabbed breakfast this morning with the girls. The pub outside the village we live in has all you can eat breakfast for three pound ninety-nine. Not a bad treat for a bunch of uni students- a status which is synonymous with perpetually, to some degree, broke.

The bus ride to Amsterdam took about thirteen hours, so I guess technically this post turned into 13 February 2015. We arrived at the majestic White Cliffs of Dover, which I am sure are much more majestic when not viewed through bleary, sleep-deprived eyes at 00:33, and we boarded the ferry to cross into Calais. I took advantage of the smooth ride by finding a chair in the corner and sleeping until we crossed into the continent.




No comments:

Post a Comment