Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Typical Week in "Ze Life"

Okay. Yeah, this blog thing. I am supposed to write one, and it has been awhile. The main reason being that my presessional class is over, and I was throwing my self into my literature classes 100%. I also had a major essay due, which took a lot of my time, which kept me from posting. Also, day-to-day life is just that, day-to-day life. Though some of the finer details change, the structure of my week is usually pretty consistent, and  that is the theme of this post. So, here is the basic structure of my week.

Monday: By far my busiest day. I have two lectures in the morning, a seminar in the afternoon, and Christian Union in the evening. And sometimes the students at CU will all hang out together afterwards. So I am usually home for about ten hours on Monday and am on the go the rest of the time.

Tuesday: I have a seminar that runs from late morning to the early afternoon. When it is finished, I usually stay on campus to the mid or late afternoon working on the mountains of reading I have for classes.

Wednesday: I have a day off, and I am getting so spoiled because of it lol. Wednesday serves as my catch up day normally. If I need to go the market, I will go on Wednesday. I will take most of Wednesday to work on the coursework for my classes at NSU. I will work on the mountains of reading I have for my courses here. If the weather is nice, I will go for a walk around Swansea. Wednesday is the day I do laundry. Occasionally, Wednesday will also be used as a "day-trip" day. For example, Erika, my flatmates, and I are going to Cardiff for the day next Wednesday.

Thursday: I have a lecture on Thursday afternoon. I will usually take Thursday morning as "me" time. I will sleep in a little later. Actually cook a proper breakfast or brunch, whenever I decide to eat. If I do any work it will be just reading.

Friday: I have a three day weekend- did I mention I am getting spoiled?- so a lot of my trips throughout the semester will go over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If I am in Swansea, I will hang out with friends Friday night, and we will do something.

Saturday: A do-whatever-needs-to-be-done day

Sunday: Church in the morning followed by lunch either at the church or with a few friends. Then hanging out with friends in the afternoon, and I use Sunday evening to prep for Monday's lectures.

So, yeah. That is my week in a nutshell. Here are some photos from day-to-day life:
Jaime, Kaylin, and Erika at the international enrollment lunch a couple of weeks ago.

From when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. The tissues are significantly bigger than my face lol.

Erika and I celebrating finishing our essays with Joe's Strawberry Swirl, Nutella, and Banana sundaes.

2 comments:

  1. It's good you have time to explore the area and beyond in addition to the intense studying.

    ReplyDelete