Saturday, January 17, 2015

14 January 2015

(One the plane to London)
I have discovered something that surprises me.Apparently my ability to fall asleep on roadtrips does not carry over to airplanes.
 To my parents and my credit, no one cried at  the airport. The flight to Houston was uneventful. International airports are fascinatingly fun, so many people from all over. We started hearing a lot of British accents while we were waiting for our flight to Heathrow, which ended up being delayed because the navigation system was broken.

(Our plane in Houston. My Diet Coke from China. The In-Flight meal)





As a send off Aunt Peggy and Uncle Steve decorated our gate with neon streamers and signs filled with encouragement. I also received several sendoff texts from friends and family. The out-pouring of love was greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Erika is as wonderful a travel buddy as I hoped. I think we make a pretty good travel team.

1 comment: