Saturday, January 24, 2015

19 January 2015

I am back in the classroom! Sort of. We did not have any formal lectures today, just formal pre-orientation orientation and a bus tour. We drove around town, which really helped me to get a better idea of where to walk to get to specific locations.I love how colourful the houses are around town

 After going through town and gaining more knowledge on local history we headed out into the countryside towards one of the beaches.The land just outside Swansea is free grazing land and livestock can just roam free around and onto the road. So, yeah, a lot of sheep in the ditch [living not roadkill]

  
Then we went on to one of two beaches. The scenery more than made up for the chilling (understatement) wind off the sea. I can envision Martyne gloating when I say that I really enjoyed the beach and really want to go back, even though there is sand. The scenery even makes me enjoy the sand.


Then we went on to Mumbles and the beach there and some pretty hot chocolate and a some delicious bread at a cafe by the beach.



(Swansea across from Mumbles at twilight.)

3 comments:

  1. That one house is quite yellow. The beach looks amazing!! Great photos! I bet it's even better in person. That hot chocolate you got looks really awesome and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful adventure to experience!

    ReplyDelete