Tuesday, January 6, 2015

6 January 2015

Eight days until I fly out. EIGHT!!! And I am stoked. And nervous. And not sure what to write about.
I am crazy busy. Those who know me know that is the setting I am usually running on. I am enrolled in my last semester of college and just wrapped up the craziest semester of my life.
How crazy? Well, here are some of the things that happened:
-I worked two jobs
– I applied for Grad School
-I applied for my Grad Program
-I worked on a thesis that I am about to finish.
– I enrolled in twelve hours of online coursework for the spring as well as the courses for Swansea
– I did all the paperwork that accompanies leaving the country
– I redid some of that paperwork because, as is usually the case with mountains of paperwork, some “i” did not get dotted or “t” crossed.
– I have begun working on my portfolio for one degree
– I have begun an independent research project for another
– I sat in on a Graduate level lit theory course (which was awesome)
– I planned a lot of my trip in terms of places I am going to visit (more on that later)
– I tried to stay active in my church
– I also tried to keep in touch with friends
– I also tried to see my family…and my cat.
-And, because of reasons, I took twenty hours of upper-level courses this past semester so that I could graduate on time despite leaving the country.
Now, I want one thing to be clear. That list is not meant to be impressive. That list is meant to serve as warning. DO NOT ATTEMPT!!!
For a while it seemed like everytime I checked my email or answered my phone my life got a little more complicated, a little more out of control. And I will freely admit that one of my greatest faults is that I have an obsessive need to be in control. I like to imagine God laughing at it waiting for me to rely on His grace more, and He has been quite gracious over the past few months.
And the craziness is in the past, and it was not as awful as I thought it would be. On to the future. On to Swansea, Wales!

No comments:

Post a Comment