Saturday, January 17, 2015

15 January 2015

(We see stuff on the ground)
(We made it off the plane)
I ate my first cardboard sandwich while waiting for the bus. It tasted...interestingly, but not bad. It was cheap and filling, both good things. I get to ride around the countryside and actually see it! Last time I was on an overnight train, so did not get to see where I actually was.
Important Life Lesson of the Day: When booking a bus after your over-night flight, be sure to remember that your flight is OVER-NIGHT, so you should not book your bus on the same day as your flight. Remembering this little detail will save you one annoyed bus driver and five chaotic minutes of trying to get the ticket switched before the bus leaves.

Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the scenery for long before passing out for a much needed nap, but I still got a few pictures from the bus.






I have three flatmates, all engineering students from Brazil. They are very friendly and even let me join them for dinner, a traditional Brazilian cheese bread and homemade chocolate cake.



1 comment: