Wednesday, January 28, 2015

24 January 2015: St. Fagan's- three more hours in photos

St. Fagan's is an outdoor museum and village that represents daily Welsh life at various points in time through architecture and park interpreter lectures. John, you would really enjoy it, I think. One of the interpreters, bless his heart, tried to teach us a bit of Welsh, just a  greeting.It wasn't that I was an inattentive pupil; on the contrary, I was quite excited to work with the language. I just completely butchered it is all. And despite the saying "practice makes perfect", my pronunciation managed to get worse the more I tried to say it.Oh well, the trip was still a lot of fun and informative




(Erika and I on the bus)

 (one of the farmhouse outbuildings)
(Large farmhouse)

(Thatched Roof)
(Erika and cows)



(slated pighouse)
(Some of the old flour millstones)
(old toll booth)

(inside one of the old farmhouses and the animal stalls In The House)
(Erika and sheep)

(out by the animal houses)








2 comments:

  1. That one building was really red... Hey Joy, is it bad that I really like the pig house. I think it looks really cool lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you got some good photos (I especially like the heather ones!).

    ReplyDelete